Thursday, 13 November 2014

I'm an oppressor with 140 points!

I'm an oppressor with 140 points!


Can you beat my score?




Social Justice Warriors SUCK


"Check your privilege" has got to be one of my pet peeves. 

Culturally, ‘check your privilege’ is a symptom of a general but strong trend towards shutting down opponents rather than engaging in debate,” said John Carpay, the president of the Justice Centre for Constitutional Freedoms in Calgary, which publishes the annual Campus Freedom Index. “It’s similar to the popular notion that because what you’re saying I find to be extremely offensive you really shouldn’t be allowed to say it at all.”

Privilege comes from wealth and power, not exclusively race.

A Caucasian male born to illiterate working class parents in a rural community has NO inherent advantage over a visible minority woman born to a wealthy, educated, well connected, family in a large urban center.

Of course, it would be unimaginable to say to the latter "check your privilege".  A feminist would lose her shit.

Hence, the whole philosophy is based on racism and stereotyping, not privilege.

I find it simplistic and offensive.

This so called privilege BS is yet another tired attempt to make people who've done nothing wrong feel bad about something they didn't do to people they never met. Boring and soon to be ignored, just like all the other PC garbage they've tried to ram down our throats.

“Check your privilege,” Mr. Fortgang writes, is a phrase that is “handed down by my moral superiors, descends recklessly, like an Obama-sanctioned drone, and aims laser-like at my pinkish-peach complexion, my maleness.” He went on to actually “check” his privilege, he wrote, and described his family of hard-working Holocaust survivors for whom he would never “apologize.”


If Privilege is not an idea aimed at muting opinion or understating the worth of accomplishments, then why have I only seen it used that way?



My male privilege
My male privilege

I've noticed feminists use this phrase frequently.
I've noticed feminists use this phrase frequently.


If you are offended by anything in this post...  CHECK YOUR ASSUMPTIONS.


Post a Comment